As practitioners and educators in Mindfulness and Interpersonal Neurobiology, Jack and Dan will provide experiences and teachings that offer an opportunity to reflect on your work and your life with powerful new understandings and practices. These two inspiring teachers, who love teaching together, will offer your small group a transformative immersion into incredible, cutting-edge science and the essential trainings of Buddhist Psychology that can offer an empowering tapestry of insight into the nature of our minds and well-being.
On our retreat you will learn how to apply the revolutionary principles of the consilient, multi-disciplinary field of Interpersonal Neurobiology to awaken new capacities and benefit your whole life, enhancing your relationships, integrating your brain, and strengthening your mind. You will also learn the critical and scientifically supported Eastern practices of mindfulness and compassion to train the heart and mind. Integrating these complementary disciplines of science and spiritual practice invites us all to cultivate wisdom and awaken a deep capacity for trust and love. Together, Jack and Dan will draw on their more than 30 combined books and extensive teachings that have inspired millions of readers and students around the world. The format will include a rich body of accessible and transformative scientific concepts, individual cases and inspiring stories, blended with dialogue between Jack and Dan. In this way, we will explore and learn the art and science of wisdom and love.
Topics & Questions:
1. How do we foster true presence and a wise, loving connection with ourselves and one
2. How do we use the art of mindfulness to strengthen attention, balance and focus?
3. What do contemporary views of neuroscience on the training and power of compassion
tell us about the importance of relationships and reflection in our lives?
4. How can we develop Interpersonal and Intrapersonal Attunement?
5. What is the mind? How do we cultivate a healthy mind?
6. What are ways to promote the dynamic pathways to whole brain integration?
7. What do contemplative practices teach us about consciousness?
8. How does our notion of a “self” shape our well-being?
9. What are science-supported and contemplative-based skillful strategies to direct
consciousness and shift identity?
10. What does it truly mean to “transform identity?”
11. What are the scientific approaches and spiritual practices illuminating and strengthening
the body-mind connection?
12. How can we harness the core principles of emotional transformation?
13. How can we discover and awaken a calm awareness beyond individual personality and
14. How can we employ the science and power of intention to direct our lives?
15. What is a personally relevant and meaningful measure of “success” in work, in love, and
Held in Santa Monica, California on the penthouse level of the historic Hotel Shangri La overlooking the Pacific Ocean. This landmark and architectural gem has been welcoming guests since 1939 and still holds the essence of the Golden Age of Hollywood. Our time includes a sunset stroll on the palm-lined walkways of the nearby Palisades Park.